- Board & Staff Members
Plum Creek Conservation District was formed in 1957 by the Texas Legislature through the enactment of SB 289 for the purpose of flood control. During the 1960s and 1970s, twenty-eight flood control structures were built on the tributaries of Plum Creek in Hays and Caldwell Counties by the Soil Conservation Service. The structures, which are monitored, operated, and maintained by the District, catch and store flood waters during normal and extreme rain events, which are then released downstream at an engineered rate.
On January 1st, 1989, Plum Creek Conservation District's enabling legislation was amended to add groundwater responsibilities that was affirmed by District voters on May 1st, 1993. Groundwater responsibilities involve the regulation of multiple aquifers in the District to provide for the conservation, preservation, protection, recharging, and prevention of waste of groundwater.
Enabling Authority: HB 214; 55th Texas Legislature
Planning Region: South Central Texas- Region L, Groundwater Management Area 10 & Groundwater Management Area 13.
Governing: PCCD is governed by six Board of Directors, two from Hays County and four from Caldwell County. Board Members are appointed by the County Commissioner's Court for a term of four years.